Friday, March 27, 2009

The famed Chicken Kebab's


Many, many mmmmmm's and mmmmmm's later, I have finally decided to give up my chicken kebab recipe. I am horrible at keeping recipes a secret - definitely not with my close ones. And not telling this recipe to anyone for the past 4 years is a big feat by itself. But I guess I have to divulge now.


Words cannot describe the heavenly taste of this finger food...so here's the recipe, and you can respond with mmmmmm's :)


Once again, a few tips before you start:

  1. Use chicken breast instead of just chicken meat - there is definitely a huge taste difference
  2. Add a lot more of the spices (green chilli, garam masala) if you like 'em spicy - the recipe makes them mild
  3. When I can't use a grill - I use a stove top grilling pan, and so I make them without the seekh (skewers) and I make them round, patty shaped
  4. Make sure you cook the chicken through
  5. Please wash hands thoroughly after handling raw chicken

Ingredients:

400 gms mince chicken breast
100 gms paneer / cottage cheese crumbled fine
2 tbsp minced ginger-garlic
3-4 tbsp minced onion
2 tsp minced green chilli (add/remove per your taste)
1 large egg
2 tbsps Green coriander chopped fine
Salt, Red chilli powder per taste
1 tbsp coarsely crushed Coriander seeds
Oil for shallow frying

Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together except for the oil
  2. Leave overnight (minimum of 4 hours) in the refrigerator
  3. Heat your grill / stove top pan
  4. Add oil to the pan, make little ping pong ball size portions and flatten them in your palm
  5. Add to the pan and let them cook on both sides for about 3-4 minutes each - medium flame
  6. This one recipe yields about 16-20, based on the size of the kebabs
  7. Sprinkle with chaat masala, lemon juice and serve hot with mint-coriander chutney
  8. Alternate;y, roll up in a parantha if cooked on a skewer

ENJOY!! Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Sirpa said...

I just found your blog the other day and added it to my bookmark bar. The dishes look delicious and I plan to try them. I see that you have naan bread in some of the pictures. There are many naan bread recipes out there, but these look wonderful... If you make these yourself as well, would you please post your recipe for them as well? Thank you so much!

thespicebox said...

Sirpa...thanks for the comments! Yes, I will surely work on posting some of the Indian bread recipes. Definitely try the recipes on this blog - rest assured, you will enjoy them. Feel free to post your comments!